April 13, 2014
- The well laid plans of mice and men go awry. Instead of going to Utah last weekend for the UofA baseball games, I ended getting very sick. The stomach virus going around can really set you back! I went to the ER for dehydration, and I wanted to say thank you to the parishioners who stopped by to say hello. Thankfully, I am fine now. Maybe I shouldn’t go to anymore baseball games because the Wildcats went 2-1 and finally won their first Pac-12 series of the year!
- We had a great turnout for our Penance Service. I am grateful to the many priests who assisted. We will have private confessions this week. The dates and times are listed below.
- I urge you to carpool as much as possible on Easter Sunday. On many parts of Valley View Road and Calle del Pantera parking is not allowed. However, starting near the southernmost church entrance on Valley View Road, there are “off the pavement” parking signs.
- Many thanks to Fr. Jay, Rabbi Thomas Louchheim and the parishioners of St. Thomas who worked so diligently to educate many of our parishioners on the meaning of the Jewish Seder Meal. Both the lecture and the Seder Meal were well attended. I am grateful to all for their hard work and grateful to all who attended.
- A special thank you to Fr. Jude Eli for recently presenting our Lenten Mission to many of our parishioners. I was gratified to hear that so many people enjoyed it, and I’m happy to announce that he will be back next year during the week of March 9.
Blessings ... Fr. John